Liability insurance for land

At Versatile Insurance we can arrange Public Liability insurance to cover your negligence in connection with the ownership of your land.

We can insure land in England, Wales and Scotland. You may own this land simply for your own personal purposes or perhaps planning to develop it or perhaps rent it for someone else to use (such as grazing animals). Either way, it is possible that visitors (or trespassers!) may hurt themselves or damage their property, whist on your land.

Whatever your situation, we are certain we can help:

  • Property owners liability insurance for residential, commercial and industrial buildings
  • Public Liability insurance for building plots (greenfield and brownfield sites), grazing land, woodland and fields
  • Communal areas for management companies
  • Other types of property including roads, lakes, wharfs and bridges.

Either telephone us on our quote hotline 01837 658955 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm or complete the form below to obtain a quotation - premiums start from just £110.00.

Some assumptions have been made. Please click here to see what they are. Click here to read more further down the page.

Your details

About the land or building to insure

‘Within Striking Distance’ for this policy can be defined as when a Tree is within a close enough proximity of a neighbouring structure or building to cause damage should it fall. Should the tree fall and would only cause damage to a fence or boundary we would not class this as within striking distance. Please note that should the tree fall and damage your own buildings or structures this policy would not provide any cover for this event.

What cover do you require? (The more boxes you tick, the higher the premium)
Yes No
Yes No

What can you cover yourself for?

Public Liability Insurance

When you work away from your business premises, you may cause harm to someone else or their property. For instance, you may drop a tool from a height and hit a person. If you require Public Liability insurance for land or a building, (also know as Property Owners Liability insurance) please click here for a quotation.

Employers' Liability Insurance

This is a legal requirement for nearly all employers and protects the employer against claims from employees, labour-only sub-contractors, hired people and people working under Government sponsored work schemes, where there has been negligence resulting in their injury or death.

Products Liability Insurance

When the goods you supply cause harm to a member of the public.

Contractors All Risks Insurance (sometimes known as "Contract Works")

If you are involved with extending or converting a building or a self build, you are probably responsible for the work until the contract has been completed and handed over to the owner. If your work, for example, burns down, before handing over, you will be responsible for all of the costs of doing the work again. Please click here for a Contractors All Risks insurance quotation.

JCT 21.2.1

Injury or damage to property due to collapse, subsidence, heave. vibrations, weakening or removal of support or lowering of groundwater attributable to the carrying out of the Works but not due to any negligence of the contractor or design. Click here for a form to print, complete and return to us with the plans for the work.

If you would like to know more about this insurance, or are unsure about what policy is right for you, one of our friendly team will be happy to help you.


online discount

Online discount

Buy your insurance
from our website and
get £20 off!*

Contact us

25 Fore St, Okehampton,
Devon, EX20 1DL


Versatile benefits

  • We'll aim to beat your quote
  • Unusual quotes catered for
  • FREE quotes
  • FREE expert advice
  • No hidden fees
  • UK Call Centre