Click Fraud

JCT Clause 21.2.1.

JCT (Joint Contracts Tribunal) Clause 21.2.1. insurance, similar to JCT Clause 6.5.1 cover and sometimes referred to as "small works" or "non-negligence insurance," this policy insurers injury or damage to property due to collapse, subsidence, heave, vibrations, weakening or removal of support or lowering of groundwater attributable to the carrying out of the works but not due to any negligence of the contractor or design.

It is purchased by property owners and builders where new buildings are being erected or where extensions to buildings are being undertaken and damage may be caused to a nearby property.

At Versatile Insurance Professionals, we are experts at arranging insurance for the construction industry. This includes the professionals such as project managers, project coordinators, quantity surveyors, building surveyors and property investors as well as all of the trades such as ground workers, plumbers, roofers and bricklayers.

If you wish to know more about clauses 5.4A, 5.4B or 5.4C, click here.

Please click here for a quotation form for JCT 21.2.1 or JCT 6.5.1 insurance. It would help if you can also forward us the plans for the work. We regret we cannot arrange quotations over the telephone. Premiums start from around £600 and we would normally be able to quote same day, once we have all the information that the underwriters require.

If you would like us to contact you regarding JCT 21.2.1 or JCT 6.5.1 insurance and explain when and why you would want to obtain this cover, please click here to email us your name and telephone number.

We are experts in arranging insurance for the construction industry with many years of experience and you can trust us for all of your business insurance policies. Other insurances you may consider when you undertaking building work are:

  • Public Liability insurance for all contractors, whether a trade or professional
  • Employer's Liability insurance for any business that employs workers (although there are exceptions to this)
  • Professional Indemnity insurance for anyone is giving advice or making plans (such as the architect, quantity surveyor or project manager)
  • Contractors All Risks insurance to cover the works in progress
  • Buildings insurance to cover any existing structures. This is normally arranged by the owner.
  • or, if are building a home for yourself, Self Build

If you would like to know more about this insurance, or are unsure about what policy is right for you, one of our friendly team will be happy to help you.


online discount

Online discount

Buy your insurance
from our website and
get £20 off!*

Contact us

25 Fore St, Okehampton,
Devon, EX20 1DL

tradesmen builder