Structural warranty insurance
When you build a new house for yourself (new build) or convert a house, or extend a home, it is wise to buy an insurance warranty to cover any building defects in the new works. In fact, if you have taken out a mortgage with a bank or building society, this will probably be a condition of the loan.
This type of insurance policy is known as a "Structural Warranty." Versatile Insurance is a specialist insurer arranging policies for new build projects, property developers, house renovations and builders. Click here to read more further down the page.
To obtain a quotation just complete this form and submit – this is free service with no obligation
When you are starting your project, you will require insurance cover for your site and the work in progress. We arrange comprehensive insurance policies for self build home projects and are happy to arrange cover at any stage of the construction.
- A Choice of either £2,000,000 or £5,000,000 Public Liability
- £10,000,000 Employer's Liability
- The option to add cover for your own and/or hired plant, tools and equipment.
- Contractors All Risks
- Pay by Cheque, Debit Card, Credit Card (2.5% fee) or, if the policy is 12 months or longer, by 10 monthly instalments (11% extra, minimum £50 charge) by direct debit mandate
- 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24 month options
- No forms to complete
- Existing structure can be added at extra cost
- Underwritten by major insurers
- Projects in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Quick telephone quotations
If you don't like to complete forms and would like us to contact you, please click here to email us your name and telephone number. If you would like us to supply a written quotation, please complete the following form.
Please fill out the form to obtain a quotation.
Some assumptions will be made. Click here to see what they are.
What is structural warranty insurance?
Most of the insurance premium that you pay is to pay the cost of a series of inspections by surveyors to ensure that the work is being completed to an acceptable quality. The policy will last for up to 10 years and should defects be found in the building, the insurance policy will pay for these to be put right.
How much does structural warranty insurance cost?
The only accurate way to get an insurance quotation is to complete the form below and submit to us. However, to give an extremely rough idea, expect to pay around 1% to 1.5% of the project cost. For example, a house costing £200,000 to build may cost between £2000 to £3000 for the structural warranty insurance policy.
There are a number of factors that influence the cost, but in order to keep the insurance premium as low as possible, you need to buy the policy as soon as works start. The reason for this is that as all the work is still fully exposed, the surveyor can see everything which is being done.
Why buy structural warranty insurance from Versatile Insurance Professionals Ltd?
At Versatile Insurance, we are specialists as arranging insurance – it's all that we do, and we are not distracted by trying to sell you other products such as mortgages.
This means that we are dedicated to shopping around the leading providers and get the best deal for your structural warranty. Nearly all of our competitors only offer one product – their own!
- Specialist insurance services for construction industry
- Independent and free advice
- Semi-permanent make-up
- Hassle free service
- UK call centre with expert and friendly staff
- Arrange your site insurance and structural warranty together
If you would like to know more about this insurance, or are unsure about what policy is right for you, one of our friendly team will be happy to help you.
We're here to help
Self build insurance
Cover yourself for Public Liability, Employer's Liability, equipment and much more. Premiums from just £322.
- We'll aim to beat your quote
- Unusual quotes catered for
- FREE quotes
- FREE expert advice
- No hidden fees
- UK Call Centre