Renovation Insurance for Houses
If you are renovating a house which you will occupy as your home, or will let, or sell, you qualify for our renovation insurance scheme. When you are starting your project, you will require insurance cover for the existing structure (the building) and the work in progress (new works). We arrange a range of insurance policies for renovation projects from a cheap, basic cover right up to a competitive comprehensive policy including squatter cover, and are happy to arrange cover at any stage of the construction.
How much will the premium be?
Premiums vary according to many factors such as the postcode, the construction, rebuilding cost, cost of works and what cover and term you require. However, premiums start from just £93.95 for renovation insurance for 6 months insurance for our most basic cover.
What do Versatile Insurance do which is different to everybody else?
We know that we have a lot of competition for your business. We are experts in construction insurance and have been in business since 2004 specialising in arranging insurance for builders, property developers and self builders. We compare different insurers and policies to obtain the cheapest quote and the best cover according to your individual requirements. Whether your requirement is the cheapest premium, a comprehensive cover, or you have difficult circumstances, our friendly and professional team of consultants will do their best to help.
Do you have you any "Unique Selling Points?"
Every company that sells insurance will say they are the cheapest or the best (or both!) We think that we stand apart from the crowd because we treat our clients as part of the construction industry and therefore are a "one stop shop" offering the same facilities to everyone. Examples are payment by instalments or arranging other types of insurance such as property owners liability and JCT 21.2.1 insurance cover (very important if you are working on a party wall). Furthermore, if you are not classified as a self builder or home renovator, we can also arrange an insurance policy for you as a builder or property developer.
What cover am I buying?
This is just a summary of our best selling policy - terms, conditions and excesses apply and we will supply full details with your quotation. We also arrange other policies with different cover, but with terms and premiums exclusive to ourselves that you cannot obtain elsewhere:-
- Existing Structure and Work in progress Level 1 cover
- £2,000,000 Public Liability
- Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Earthquake
- Aircraft or articles dropped therefrom
- Can be converted to a home or let policy
- Optional cover contents available
- Optional cover JCT 21.2.1 available
- Optional cover legal expenses available
- Pay by Cheque, Debit Card, Credit Card (2.5% fee) or, if the policy is 12 months or longer, by 10 monthly instalments (11% extra, minimum £50 charge) by direct debit mandate
- 6 or 12 months cover (which can be renewed)
- No forms to complete
- Underwritten by a major insurer
- Projects in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Free and quick telephone quotations
- Free expert insurance advice
- Existing Structure and Work in progress Level 2 cover all the above plus
- Storm, Tempest, Flood (excluded for certain areas), Escape of Water
- Impact by vehicles and animals
- Existing Structure and Work in progress Level 3 cover all the above plus
- Damage caused by any person of malicious intent up to £5000
- Damage caused by squatters up to £5000
- Riot and Civil Commotion
- Theft or attempted theft by forcible and violent entry or attempt
If you don't like to complete forms and would like us to contact you, please click here to email us your name and telephone number. If you would like us to supply a written quotation, please complete the following form.
Please fill out the form to obtain a quotation. Some assumptions have been made. Please click here to see what they are.